Senior Account Officer ( 4 Positions)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising, planning and coordinating the activities of a variety of finance and accounts function that includes general accounting, accounts payable payroll, treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting etc. The candidate will supervise the company’s financial and accounting activities while also performing complex accounting analysis and accurate reporting of the company’s financial position.
- Controlling and reconciliation of all financial transactions and data
- Participating in the preparation and creation of financial reports, statistical reports, final accounts and other company reports
- Monitoring and managing of the Regions Cash Flows
- Active monitoring and implementation of legal and statutory changes in the Region
- Ensuring compliance with local and global taxation practices, accounting principles and company procedures, identifying and minimizing operational and business risks for the company
- Work with internal and external auditors during preparation of annual audited financial statements and tax inspections
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Analyze customer and client profitability index and value for cost saving initiatives.
- Coordinate the company financial planning and budget management function.
- Work closely with the CFO to define, establish and communicate corporate accounting principles, including standard operating procedures covering each job function in accounts to guide the entire organization
- Responsible for financial analysis for management decisions
- Preparation of financial outlook and financial forecasts
- Ensure that accounting processes identified and set up are adequately implemented in the area of credit control, payables, receivables and cash management.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly account reconciliation and audit and report same to the COO
- Supervises all VAT Transactions and periodic Withholding Taxes and submit report on same to the CFO.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and manage the preparation of management report of budget / actual revenues and expenses.
- Develop effective reporting tools for the business unit and prepare routine reports (financial, quality, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Track and analyze specialty reports and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the company.
- Maintain and implement short-range and long-range specialty / other reports, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Prepare project feasibility reports and analyze business development opportunities.
- Perform all other duties that will enhance profitability, productivity and going concern status of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution.
- ICAN or ACCA is a pre-requisite.
- Masters degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree and Sage software
- 5 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgement
Interested candidates should apply through the Company website www.lingtonandbernie.com /send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or walk into Lington & Bernie Consulting Ltd, 9a Omo Osagie street, Off Awolowo road Ikoyi Lagos
May 20, 2021